CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions of 2009

This is a list of resolutions I composed last year. Though this is more of a lifelong list, I thought it would be fun to see how many I have checked off so far.

1. I want to learn to cook so well that people ask for seconds instead of dessert. (I'm getting there slowly but surely)
2. I want to ride more.
3. I want to learn to sew so well that I can make an article of clothing fairly quickly and easily with NO mistakes! (Working on it)
4. I want to learn how to cut and style people's hair.
5. I want to learn to quilt.
6. I want to stop biting my nails!
7. I want to read my bible more. (Check!)
8. I want to memorize more scripture.
9. I want to learn to drive a stick shift. (I've had a couple of lessons, now I just need to find a way to practice)
10. I want to learn more about how to care for children and babies. (Check!)
11. I want to take an emergency training course. (CPR, what to do in emergencies, diagnosis, etc.)
12. I want to write a book.
13. I want to paint a beautiful masterpiece! (Check!)
14. I want to travel and see the world a little. (Check!)
15. I want to exercise more. (Check!)
16. I want to learn how to ballroom dance. (Waltz, tango, etc.)
17. I want to eat healthier. (More fruits and veggies, less junk)
18. I want to stop wearing my good shoes to muck stalls! (Check!)
19. I want to take a refresher course in good old-fashioned etiquette.
20. I want to be more patient with people.
21. I want to improve my hygiene. (Take better care of my teeth, nails, skin, etc.)
22. I want to compete in a three-day event!
23. I want to learn the secrets on how to plant and tend a garden. (Check!)
24. I want to learn all the secrets to removing dirt and stains.
25. I want to learn to speak fluent Spanish.
26. I want to wake up earlier.
27. I want to learn to budget and pay bills. (Getting there)
28. I want to learn to arrange flowers/make bouquets.
29. I want to be more creative.
30. I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

Well, I have a lot left to work on, and even some of the ones I checked off are still in progress. (When do you really know everything?) But it's fun to have goals and look back to see them reached. :) I hope everyone had a happy new year!

1 comments:

Denise said...

Hey Catherine - What a great list! I really need to get a list out for 2010. I like them, because they give direction. I hate being direction-less and then looking back and feeling like I got nothing done that I had an opportunity to. :(

My SIL Haley made a list in 2009 to get 100 books read. It was so cool! Since she was out of school she didn't want to stop reading. She got through something like 64 and was quite happy with that.

I think you got #10 down quite well in 2009 what with AOG and Nursery!!! :)

And great job on exercising more. That's so important to feeling good!