CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 13, 2010

To go to college will be an awfully big adventure

A week from today I will be leaving for college. Needless to say, it has been chaos around here trying to pack and tie up all the loose ends. I realize I have had a very melancholy attitude about leaving, so I thought I would try to post something a bit more positive.

Despite my reluctance to leave my comfort zone, I know God has something big in store for me at Liberty. I am extremely blessed to have the opportunity to go to a private Christian college debt-free. I realize that there are thousands of people who would love to be in my shoes.

I will be meeting new people and learning new things as I work toward my English degree. I am also very lucky to be rooming with Caitlin Rauscher--someone I already know and get along with. :) Another plus side of going to Liberty is the Christian atmosphere. The advantage of a Christian school is the opportunity to grow spiritually. And the fact that I know a lot of people that go there is always a bonus.

So although it will be very hard to leave my home of 19 years, I keep moving forward with the realization that I am stepping into a new and more exciting chapter of my life...

3 comments:

Us: said...

How exciting!! You are embarking on such a grand adventure. An adventure planned and written by your Creator. Awesome :) God is going to do some amazing things through you, darling, and I'm so blessed to be able to be your friend and watch as His plans for you unfold into SUCH BEAUTY!! I'll be praying for you. :)

Hosanna said...

Leaving home and going out on your own is very scary - but I think you'll be fine, and so engrossed in school that the time will fly by. I am excited for you. :)

Catherine said...

Thanks, y'all. Your encouragement means a lot to me. :) I know I will do fine once I get there--it is just all the preparation and anticipation that is giving me pre-college jitters.