CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Am A Woman







I am a woman, called to be a servant
Bound by the grace that Your love imparts
Lord make me humble, teach me to follow;
Make me a woman of Your heart.

I am a woman, called to speak with wisdom
Shining a light that will lead to You.
Lord, give me courage to be Your witness;
Make me a woman of Your truth.

I am a woman, purchased by your mercy
Bought by the love that would spare no cost.
Lord, make me holy, loving you only;
Make me a woman of your cross.

--Claire Cloninger

3 comments:

Us: said...

Beautiful! This is TRUTH, not watered down feminist mumbo-jumbo. Women think what they want is power and authority, to take the place of their husband. But a woman is SO much more than that, so much purer and brighter. Her true happiness will only come through the heart of a servant, not a lioness. Thank you for sharing this! love you!
P.S. so glad to see you posting. :)

Debbie said...

Nice poem. It is encouaging to see someone your age with this mind set.

God Bless,
Debbie

Catherine said...

Actually Mrs. Debbie, this is a hymn set to the tune of Fairest Lord Jesus. I came across it in an old hymnal and found the words encouraging, so I thought I'd share it. :)