CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Styles

As summer approaches I am getting more and more excited about the outfits that come with it. Especially now that the retro look is back in style. My favorite fashion era has always been the 40's and 50's. Feminine, flirty, flattering and glamorous characterizes the clothing of the mid 20th century!



With cute capped sleeves, slimming fitted waists, and full fun skirts, who wouldn't love these dresses?



While the swing dresses of the fifties are fun, the fitted dresses of the 40's have a very sophisticated look.



I love the charming sweetheart neckline and capped sleeves of the dress below!



With all these delicious dresses, it's too bad my wallet isn't fat enough to afford them. ;) But then again, I have far too many clothes as it is...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This summer I want to try to make some dresses. I really need a dress form, though! Have you been to www.modcloth.com? They have some really cute dresses... I think I might use them for ideas! I really like this one: http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Best+Dress+Ever

Catherine said...

No, I haven't been to modcloth but I've heard they have cute clothes. I'm not as ambitious as you are--I'm going to try to make a skirt. :P

Hosanna said...

I love them all.