CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Packing

Today was a perfect day for packing. Though I had already been stowing things in my plastic storage container, I still had to round up a few odds and ends and pack my clothes. My mom brought me a cup of hot chai tea and some buttered cranberry raisin walnut bread while I worked. It was very leisurely, sipping hot tea whilst sitting on my floor and listening to the rain outside. I would take breaks and go about my normal day, then come back to packing.

My sweet brother Michael lent me his ipod to take with me to college and even showed me how to use it. He has two, so it wasn't totally sacrificial. ;) And Christopher is letting me take his blue blanket. I love hand-me-downs because they remind me of the person who gave them to me.

My room looks slightly empty now, which is kind of sad. But one thing I know for certain. I am a very blessed girl...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Good post, thanks for sharing.
Love you Catherine. I know the Lord will be with you as you go.


Isa 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert ...

We don't see each other very much anymore but you still have a place in my heart and you always will. I will look forward to the next time we will get to see each other.

The Lord bless you and keep you.
Mrs. Abele

Catherine said...

Thank you for your encouragement, Mrs. Abele. :) I love that verse. It was so good to see you last Thursday if only for a little while.