CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Taste of College Life

Although I could easily write a 3-page post of things I dislike about Liberty, in my determination to be positive, I am going to write a much shorter list of likes instead. ;)

1. David's Place. David's Place is a small music building at North Campus devoted entirely to the music/worship department. They have sound-proof music rooms with really nice pianos where you can go and practice for hours. Sheer bliss!

2. The trail. I just discovered a lovely little trail that runs from our dorm on south campus to the dining hall at main campus. It's very pretty and peaceful. A perfect place to stroll leisurely along and collect your thoughts after a busy day.

3. The coffee shops. On Liberty's campus there are two Jazzman's Cafes and one Starbucks. So far my favorite things to get are: the blueberry muffin, the chai glazed pumpkin muffin, the strawberries and creme frappucino, and the caramel apple spice. I just have to be careful not to make a habit of it. ;)

4. The library. Although this place has an extremely long list of dislikes to go with it, the library is probably one of my favorite places. There are so many books I want to read and so little time to read them! They also have a whole wall of dvds. This is another place I have to be careful of, especially when I have a lot of homework to do! ;)

5. Studying on my brother's blanket outside. On these gorgeous September days it's so delightful to grab my books and escape the dreary dorm for awhile. I don't know what I'm going to do when winter rolls around and I'm cooped up all the time. What an awful thought!

Well, I hope I've given you a little taste of college life. And if you think it's all roses and sunshine, think again. I could go on forever about the crowded buses, the endless stream of homework, and the awful food. But I won't. :) Embrace wherever God has you. (And if you live in the country, consider yourself doubly blessed!!!)

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm impressed with you ability to see things to be grateful for, even though I know you miss the NC area and home a lot.

Also, a pumpkin muffin with chai glaze sounds SO delicious! I make a brownie with a chai frosting that is SOOO good! I found a recipe online the other day for chai-spiced oatmeal for the morning, and I just know Elyana and I will love it. It just needs to get a bit chillier here. Anyway, cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon are such autumnal flavors to me!

Catherine said...

It is delicious! I'd love to try to make some when I go home for fall break. Chai-spiced oatmeal sounds amazing! I love fall foods. :)