CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

And then there were three...

When I look around at my my wonderful family, my priveleged circumstances, and my godly friends, I am overwhelmed with how blessed I am.



This weekend one of my best friends, Allison Phillips got married to the love of her life, Alan Dry. I had the privilege of being one of Allison's maids of honor. It was such a delight to be there for her and serve her in any way I could, whether that was helping decorate for the reception, getting the programs printed, helping provide breakfast for her roommates or lacing up her wedding dress.



Allison, Annie, Charity and I have known each other since we were 2 or 3-years-old. We call ourselves the four musketeers. The beautiful thing about our friendship is that even when we lost contact as a result of going to different schools and being at different stages of our lives, our friendship remained strong.



But something big has changed. Allison's first priority now is being Alan's wife. She has entered into a lifetime commitment to him and a new stage of her life is beginning. So even though it was hard to witness her saying her vows with the knowledge that everything would change, I am rejoicing with her as she embarks on this new journey and comfort myself with the knowledge that our friendship will continue to stand the test of time as it has for 17 years...

0 comments: