CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Dusty Dream

Ever since I was little, I have always loved to read. Lucky for me, being the fifth child, my mom had already amassed a large amount of books by the time I came along. I remember spending hours downstairs in our cool basement or up in the attic poring over countless books, many of which I still vividly recall.



Recently I have been immensely enjoying our library's children's section. They have a separate room where there is a small play area, some tables and chairs, as well as an extensive dvd collection. Needless to say, I go there a lot in my free time. :)



As some of you may know, I am majoring in English here at Liberty University. However, some of you may not know that I plan on writing children's books. Publishing a book has always been a dream of mine though not until recently did I start working on it in earnest. Before I graduate, I'm hoping to send some of my work to a publisher.

It's not something I want to turn into a successful career because I feel my calling is to one day be a wife and mother. But if I can get one book published and if one child gets pleasure from reading it, I'll have surpassed my goal.

0 comments: