CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's finished!

For about two weeks now I've been working on a master study of The Flower Picker; a pre-Raphaelite painting by my favorite artist, John William Waterhouse. Once it dries I'm planning on hanging it in my dorm room.



I started out with what was supposed to be a brief sketch. Needless to say, I got a bit carried away. I'm more of a sketcher than a painter. :P



The first few days, I painted the sky and the ground.



Next I moved on to the fence.



Then I focused on the background and foreground foliage.



Finally, I concentrated on completing the girl and putting on the finishing touches. Of course, like any work of art, it is never truly finished. However, since I'm returning to school tomorrow, I don't have any more time to work on it.

Even though it isn't anywhere near the quality of Waterhouse's masterpiece, it will serve its purpose to brighten up our room. And the best part is, I don't have to pay $70 for a poster! :)

0 comments: