CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 21, 2011

October Skies

The brisk wind sports
across clear October skies
like a frisky colt.

Kicking and capering, it races
across the glorious green grass
setting their stalks dancing.

The grass waves and nods
to the wind as it gallops by,
laughing at its antics.

Brimming with mischief,
the wayward wind blows leaves
into showering flurries

sending them spinning to the ground
where it kicks them up again
in whirling eddies of flaming color.

When I venture outside
the wind comes charging
and whips my hair into a tangled frenzy.

It nips at my nose and fingers,
shying away when I chase it
back to the open sky.

2 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

I love this poem, did you write it ? its very good.
its funny I just wrote a post about wind
blessings
Rachel Hope
http://hopespuntreasures.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumns-winds.html

Catherine said...

Thank you, Rachel. I wrote this poem for a poetry class I'm taking. I read your post about Autumn--it was delightful.