CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life in Peru

 
How did the biggest homebody in the world pack her bags and fly solo to Peru to teach English for two and a half months? It´s a long story.
. 

 
The first month was a struggle. Getting up at 5:30 every morning, dealing with multiple sicknesses, and spending six consecutive hours in a room with 25 first graders was trying to say the least.


 
Only when I reached the end of my strength and cried out to God did I experience true joy and peace.


 
Bodies adjust, sicknesses heal, and God gives us the patience and endurance we need to carry on.



 
Although two and a half months may seem like an eternity, compared to eternity it is simply a breath.
 

Right now, God has given me a task to do here in Peru. My duty is to follow His will in trust and obedience...
 
 
...always having faith that the trivial trials I experience now will turn into a harvest of spiritual fruit later on.


 
I can only thank God for this incredible opportunity, and continue listening to His voice to ascertain the next step.

"Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or the left; turn your foot away from evil." --Proverbs 4:25-27

2 comments:

Briana said...

I'll be praying for you! I went to Peru two and a half years ago and though culture shock is always difficult, it really is a beautiful country with wonderful people. I'm sure God has a perfect plan for your being there--both for you and others!

Catherine said...

Thank you, Briana. Although I do miss home, I´m trying to cultivate a spirit of joy and realize what an incredible opportunity God has given me.