CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My New Office


Since this July, the room adjacent to mine, which was formerly used as a guest room/office/storage room, has been undergoing a makeover. Over the summer my mom painted the walls, and my dad moved the furniture. My job was to decorate. Because I was at school at the time, it was an extremely slow process. However, over Christmas break I was finally able to finish it. 


The quilt was hand-stitched as a graduation present by my mother. My aunt, who is a seamstress, used a special machine to embroider Proverbs 3:24 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 into the blue border.


The new room will function as an office/project room. All of our art, craft, and sewing supplies are kept in the closet and desk.


I indulged in a few pricey accents including the Cristalleria vase bottle set from Ruche. I've been searching for some silk flowers and a ribbon to weave around the base.


I saw this idea on Pinterest and loved it. It was a perfect wall-filler for the large empty space above the bed.




Another graduation present I received was this lovely arrangement of vintage, hand-stitched handkerchiefs, which were owned by my great, great grandmother in a frame made by her husband. They were married in 1904. If I ever get married, this will be my something old. :)


Another of my pricey accents was a Christmas gift--this vintage, brass twin bell alarm clock (also from Ruche.) It runs on double AA batteries and makes the softest, most delightful ticking noise! It was by far my favorite Christmas present. Other than a few touches here and there (a floral border for the ceiling) the room is finally finished! It's surprising how having separate rooms for sleep and work boosts your productivity. :)

3 comments:

Us: said...

lovely :)

Hosanna said...

Superb! I just adore everything from Ruche. You know, I recently discovered a vintage 1950s wind up alarm clock in ivory, at a thrift shop. For like $.70. I bought it, and didn't think it was going to work, but when I got home and gave it a wind, guess what? It works! you're right, the old clocks have a delightful ticking. Some people find it annoying; I find it soothing.

Catherine said...

What an awesome find, Hosanna! I've been looking for a similar clock in white for my bedroom, but can't find one I like at a reasonable price from a reliable supplier. I'm keeping my eyes open though. :)