CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Drawer Liners

For some time I've been wanting to give my dresser a makeover. This weekend I was finally able to get the job done. First I took the measurements of each individual drawer to make sure they were all the same size. Then I cut the fabric into five identical pieces and ironed the wrinkles out. With a vinegar and water solution, I sprayed and wiped out each drawer. 


After waiting a few minutes for the drawers to dry, I sprayed the bottom with Elmer's spray adhesive and fitted the corners of the fabric to the wood. Lastly, I smoothed out the air bubbles and voila!


I'm still looking for some brass handles to match my other furniture and replace the tacky gold ones I'm currently using. However, for now I'm content with the accomplishment of a project that was relatively quick and easy. It's delightful to open my drawers and find a bright floral surprise inside. :)

0 comments: