CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Waiting...

This blog post speaks my heart.

http://gracefortheroad.com/2012/02/03/idontwait/



I am twenty-two years old, and have never been in a real romantic relationship. I don't say that boastfully. I don't say it regretfully. What I do regret is this: my pride.

I watched girls flirt and throw themselves at men, and vowed I would never be like that. 

I made lofty resolutions with my female friends and sat in self-righteous judgments when others didn't do the same.

I watched time after time as Christian guys chose gorgeous, shallow, self-centered girls over plain, mature women of God and seethed at the injustice.

I feared letting men see the broken, sinful side of myself.

If you find yourself where I was: let go of pride. Let go of judgment and anger and cynicism. Cultivate godly male friendships; don't shun them out of fear. Let the love of Christ fill your heart 'til it dissolves all things petty and unworthy. The end isn't love, marriage, or baby carriages. The end is Christ.

0 comments: