CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 4, 2016

Peru Update 9 - Patty's, Padres & Gradschool

Happy Saint Patty's Day!!!


Life continues in full swing here. Last Saturday we had Parent's Orientation at school. In addition to leading everyone in the pledges (a somewhat humorous spectacle considering how few of the parents speak English), I gave a brief presentation on Learning Center procedures for the new parents and reviewed some of the basics for the veterans. Work keeps me busy from 8 - 5 during the week, and life keeps me busy the remainder.


One of the things that's kept me busy this past week is reviewing my application for Wake Forest University. Last Wednesday I received a formal offer from WFU to join them for the 2016-17 school year. In addition, they offered me a partial scholarship which will cover over half of my tuition costs! I credit this to a gracious God and my personal army of prayer warriors (you all!) Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your prayers and support from the bottom of my heart. I could not be more thrilled for this next phase of my life. 

  
This Saturday my church is conducting a city-wide outreach event called Servolution. We will be breaking into groups and performing different social services such as painting the police station, cleaning streets, giving out care baskets, and hosting block parties for different communities. I will be joining a short-term mission team from the States and serving as an interpreter and guide while working alongside them. I'm looking forward to fellowshiping with my compatriots.

Next week I get two days of vacation for Easter (Hallelujah!) which I will be using to travel, hang out with friends, and do taxes. (Yay!) Hopefully after Easter weekend I will have some more exciting pictures to share. &#X1f60a

0 comments: