CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Gem of a Movie...

If you love old movies, you'll love With a Song in My Heart. Though it starts out a bit slowly, it picks up speed. Dazzling costumes, a patriotic spirit, and timeless songs like "Embraceable You" and "Tea for Two" will put a smile on your face. A bit of a tearjerker, it maintains credibility yet is still inspiring.



Charmingly narrated by Rory Calhoun, we follow the true story of singer Jane Froman (portrayed by the enchanting Susan Hayward) as she sails to the top of the charts. Through a failing marriage and an unexpected tragedy, Jane manages to look outside herself to encourage others. An inspiring and satisfying watch. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds wonderful, I hope I get to see that.

Unknown said...

Hey, that sounds like a good movie. I love old movies! Especially if they are musicals!!

Tom said...

Oh, I want to see this movie. I just found your blog and like it very much! Cheers, - Tom