CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Lesson in Faith

Last weekend I was looking for my American Literature textbook when I realized with a sinking heart...it was lost. I asked everyone in the house if they had seen it--no one had. At first I half-heartedly looked, focusing on more important assignments from other classes. Sunday and Monday passed by and I had to go to class without it. Literally swamped with homework and preparing to leave for the mountains on Thursday, I continued to search for it to no avail. By the time Wednesday rolled around, I was frantic.

I prayed for God to help me find it, but just in case He didn't, I determined to stay after class on Wednesday and use the extra copy in the school library to do my homework. After I got out for class, I was walking back to the car to eat my lunch before burying myself in the library when I heard God telling me, Go home. You will find it.

I struggled for a moment with questions and doubts, before relenting. I wasn't looking forward to staying in the library all afternoon anyway. After running a few errands, I returned home early to work on papers all afternoon. Before going to bed, I prayed again, "Lord, please help me find it." Once again, I heard God's reassuring promise, You will find it before you leave. But you will not be looking for it.

All throughout Wednesday and Thursday morning, I waited hopefully for someone to come running up and say, "Catherine, I found your book!" But no one did. After packing my bags early Thursday morning, I left with mom for the church to babysit for a women's bible study from 9:30-11:30. (We were planning to leave for the mountains at 1:30)

Once home, I fed Emily lunch and had just enough time leftover to write a short paper for my art class. By this time, I had given up on finding my textbook. I would probably have to order another one after I got back from the mountains. But as I went to put my Art textbook away, I hurriedly shoved it onto the bookshelf, knocking the rest of my textbooks over and scattering some loose papers in the scrap paper box.

My heart stopped.

There, peeking out from under the loose papers was my American Literature textbook! It was literally minutes before we left and I had already loaded up my luggage into the van. I joyously placed it in my backpack with the rest of my textbooks. God had kept His promise, and in the process taught me a very valuable lesson in faith...

3 comments:

Us: said...

AWESOME!! God is soooo good :)

Unknown said...

What a great faith building experience! I love how the Lord is interested in even the small things of our lives! I agree with Elisa, He is so good!!

Mary said...

Thanks for posting .. I love hearing how God works in the lives of those who love Him.