CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Tiny Visitors

Ever since the first snowfall, birds have been flocking to my feeder. Between my birds and our persistent guinnea, I had to buy birdseed almost every week!

Cardinals, sparrows, titmice, chickadees and juncos are some of my regulars with sporadic bluebirds, finches and some tiny brown birds that I have yet to identify. They are usually the most active in the mornings and evenings. When I get up early enough, I love to sit on my bed with a pair of binoculars and watch them.



Slate-colored junco.



Tufted titmouse.



Northern cardinal.



Black-capped chickadee.



A song sparrow who needs to slow down on the seeds. ;) It's been a delight to watch them and I'll be sad to see my winterbirds go, but I'll certainly welcome spring!

4 comments:

Hosanna said...

I don't have any luck with birds. My cats, you know.....

Catherine said...

Yeah, we had to take the wooden birdfeeder in our yard down because of my cat Mouser. But this birdfeeder is pretty far away from the house (thus the binoculars) and it's hung up about 15 feet so the cats don't really bother with them.

Denise said...

I just adore all the birds we see at our feeder. Plus I LOVE the pictures you went and scrounged up of these birds! I'm going to have to show Elyana this page, she just really enjoys birds!

Catherine said...

She's her father's daughter. :)