CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hope Chest Additions...

When I was about sixteen, I became interested in getting a hope chest. I was blessed enough to already have one in my family (since quality ones are very expensive!) It was given to my mother by an aunt who didn't have any daughters and she requested that my mom pass it on to her daughters. Mom had it in her closet and was using it as extra storage space, so when she saw that I was serious about getting one, she gave it to me.

As of right now, everything in it was passed down to me: some of my great grandmother's dishes, a very old quilt, a shawl that my mother gave me, some framed needlework that someone in my family made, an embroidered tablecloth, some old photographs, and various random articles. But I soon hope to add a few additions of my own.



My mother found these adorable little butter crocks at Yoder's Store in Yanceyville. She bought one of the original design, but I am planning to buy the one in the above photo.



I have also saved up and am going to splurge on these adorable handmade measuring spoons I found on Etsy. I realize they're terribly impractical and I'll have to wash them by hand and stuff will probably get inside the engraved words, but I've fallen hopelessly in love with them.

To ensure their safety, I have purposed not to use these special items until I have a home of my own. Until then, they will simply have to wait inside my hope chest for an indefinite amount of time...

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Aw, those spoons are too cute! And they're not strictly impractical...it's not like you'll leave them on a shelf just to look at. If you need measuring spoons, why not make them cute? It'll make cooking and baking more fun! :-)

Catherine said...

Yeah, mom was telling me all this stuff about how acid reacts with pewter and you can't leave them dirty (practical mom stuff ;) but alas, love isn't at all practical...