CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

September Skies

The longer I live in in the city, the more I fall in love with the country.



I am home for the first time since I left and the weather is breathtaking! September is one of my favorite months because it has the cool breezes and clear skies of fall, with the warmth and greenery of summer. After the tired gray-greens and hazy gray-blues of July and August, September's vibrance is a refreshing change. I like to call it the "Renaissance of Color."



A humorous still life I stumbled across. :)



Once again my lantanas have astounded me with their rate of growth and profusion of blooms. They are one of my favorite plants because they do well in drought, don't need to be dead-headed, attract tons of butterflies, and have a spicy, minty fragrance.



Contrary to what you might be thinking, these are not weeds. These are my 6 foot high cosmos bipinnatus plants. Apparently, they liked the horse poo I planted them in.



Mom did a spectacular job with her garden this year. I really admire her vision and persistence in making it attractive and maintaining a variety of plants as well.

Although our house doesn't have a Starbucks around the corner, a Wal-Mart across the street, or a Barnes and Noble down the road, "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home..." :)

0 comments: