CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Crafts

Winter is my favorite time for crafting. It's so delicious to sit by the toasty fire and knit, or curl up on the couch with a book. Here are a few crafts I've been working on recently.



These are the promised pictures of the scarf I've been working on. It isn't finished yet because it was laid aside amidst the busyness of packing and exams, but now that I'm on break I'm hoping to have it done by Christmas.



I'm using a soft acrylic yarn in a lovely olive green color.



Here's one of my favorite creations. I named it the Jingle Bell Wreath because it jingles merrily whenever someone walks through the door. Believe it or not, making the wreath was the easy part--it was tying the bow that gave me so much trouble!



This is my attempt at making a Raggedy Ann style doll. She is 100% hand sewn and hand stuffed. I drew the face on with permanent marker, but I didn't get it quite right. Hopefully with practice I'll do better next time.

For now, these crafts are going in my Etsy box. If I do get around to starting an Etsy shop, it might be awhile from now because I have to get a credit card and build up an inventory first. :) Hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the season!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

They're all beautiful, Catherine! I really like your choices of material and yarn. How long did it take you to make that doll?

Catherine said...

Thank you! It took me about a day to make the doll (I already had the dress). I learned how to make them at Daughters of Destiny. It isn't hard--you could probably make one if you wanted to. :)