CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Burnout

I have literally written hundreds of pages this semester. Analytical papers, research papers, book responses, short stories, peer reviews--you name it, I've written it. There are nine days left in the semester. I am two 10-page papers and four final exams away from freedom. And I'm burned out.



So yesterday I took a bottle of bubbles outside, breathed a prayer through the glistening wand, and watched my cares spiral away on the wind.



Then this song came to my head:
"Oh soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Savior,
and life more abundant and free..."



"...Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in His wonderful face,
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
in the light of His glory and grace..."



Even though I am weary and jaded, these short nine days are nothing compared to eternity. In one hundred years I won't look back and say, "I got a 93 on my research paper," or "I got an 87 on my Grammar Final," because it won't matter. These temporary cares are like bubbles: they spin in a dizzying dance, fade, and disappear. The only thing that matters is Jesus.

Are you weary and care-worn? Burdened by worry and fear? Cast your cares upon Him, dear friend, for He cares for you.

3 comments:

Us: said...

WOW! this is amazing!! SO very encouraging! especially as my own finals are coming up in the next week. I love you, Catherine!

Briana said...

Such a great reminder as my finals are this next week too! Haha gets stressful...but HE is still in control. :)

Catherine said...

I love you too, Elisa! Fix your eyes on Christ and hang in there!