CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Junior/Senior Gala

Recently, I had the privelege of attending a Junior/Senior Gala put on at my university by the Student Government Association. The theme was The Golden Age of Hollywood: The 30's and 40's.



A friend graciously offered to arrange my hair since I am far from proficient at it. (It's difficult when you have no long-haired siblings to practice on, and there's only so much you can do with Barbie dolls.)



Most attendees wore lovely prom dresses and bridesmaid gowns--I attempted to stay somewhat true to the period and donned a gray, wool, sheath dress from Goodwill. (Quite old based on the discoloration and moth holes in the lining though the outside was pristine.)



It was cheaper to buy two tickets, so a girl on my hall and I went together as "dates."



The weather was lovely and promised a pleasant night.



The event itself involved a live jazz band, hors d'oeuvres, goody bags filled with candy, raffle prizes, some illegal swing dancing, and tiny champagne bottles filled with "bubbles" since alocohol is forbidden on campus. Lots of pictures and an M&M catching contest closed out the night. :)